3.14.2009

Hector

Hector is one of those puppies who knows what he wants and knows how to ask for it. We have this soft blanket that we folded up on a chair for him to lay on. He goes to the chair and begs for us to put him on his soft blanket. If we try to trick him with a different blanket he cannot get comfortable and lets us know. He must always have a pillow in his kennel to lay on. If I don't have a soft pillow for him he barks and wines and moans until I bring him one. The other night, I was so tired in the middle of the night and Hector was not happy about not having his pillow (that he had soiled on and was in the wash), that I sleepily got out of bed and brought him my extra pillow. That pillow is now and forever a dog pillow. Hector can tell you what he wants just by looking at you. He is the most inquisitive puppy I have ever had. When he came down with Parvo, I was in the middle of writing a plea for money for Lester, our other Parvo puppy. Poor little Hector looked at me with those eyes in the picture above, the entire ride to the emergency room. It broke my heart. Fortunately, Hector pulled out of the Parvo, much sooner than Lester was able to. Today, Hector is still at the vet, driving them crazy with his loud bark, and entertaining them with his big personality. His I.V. was removed and he will be coming home soon, I am sure. Lester is still at the vet and just ate for the first time this morning in 7 days. We think he is going to pull through, but we were not sure of his fate for the last couple of days. Between the two of these dogs, we are going to have close to $3000 in vet bills. We have had about $300 in donations since I sent the newsletter plea out. Thank you for that. If you have not donated yet, and were thinking about it, please do so as soon as you can. We do not have an account with the emergency hospital, and they do not give us a break. We have to pay them to continue treatment. Thank you for saving these sweet puppies.





3 comments:

Julia said...

Wow, they are adorable. So many dogs, so little time...and money. They are so sweet and so deserving. As my husband recovers from surgery, I am reminded how much they help me maintain my peace of mind.

Julia said...

Wow, they are adorable. So many dogs, so little time...and money. They are so sweet and so deserving. As my husband recovers from surgery, I am reminded how much they help me maintain my peace of mind.

Julia said...

Oops, Julia is duplicating :)