7.09.2009

We need to Save Sylvester

Sylvester has been one of my favorite dogs on the street for a long time. He is a little timid, but I can tell he will be so sweet once he realizes how nice we are. He reminds me a little of Clarence. And he reminds me a little of my old dog Bailey, my first dog, whose death kind of threw me into rescue work. Anyway, we have been planning to rescue Sylvester for a while, but had to order a trap in order to be able to catch him. (the trap was donated by PJ). Yesterday, we had to put a hold on rescues because we are in over our heads with vet bills. Sylvester has a terrible eye infection and he has been on the streets for over a year now. The lifespan of a dog on the streets is typically a year and a half, so we are pushing it with Sylvester. We have pretty much rescued everyone else in his pack, Eartha, Eartha & Sylvester's pups, Julio, Sherlock and Sherlock's brother. I am sure there were more. Well, there is one more, RaRa. She is mean to Sylvester and will not let him eat. He just lies down and lets her eat and does not try. For whatever reason, he still hangs with her.

Whatever you can donate will go toward being able to save Sylvester. We probably need about $400 for him with his eye infection, he most likely has heartworm, and his shots and neutering. I am going to foster him because my husband said that I could :) Love you honey! Love you all too for your generosity and making it possible to save sweet Sylvester. Thank you.



No comments: