12.18.2008

Julio Heaves Hotdogs

Julio (Hoo-lee-o) brought a little of the East St. Louis dumpster home with him. We are all clean and clear and off to a new start with real dog food, sans the hot dog incentive, which is turning out to be a little tricky. Mr. Julio seems to like that junk food. Just as we humans get hooked on the junk food, I have found that street dogs sometimes don't really take to dry food, dog treats, and especially raw veggies. I consider trash to be the street dog's fast food. Julio as per the picture below, believes that my not vegetarian husband's pork smelled like the best piece of meat he had ever smelled. My husband named Julio after a famous Mexican boxer (the human fighting kind, not the breed of dog kind). It was either that or Duck. I liked Duck, but my hubby liked Julio. I suppose that suites him more anyway. The picture of him at the top of the entry is him admiring his good looks. Julio said, "Dang, I am good-look-ing." And then he went back to the mirror, admired some more and noticed his scar. He reminisced about where that scar came from, thought about his previous days as a street dog, and wrote it off as the past. We think Julio is the bees knees. Do you think you might recognize Julio?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He is beautiful!!! So glad you were able to find him and get him off the streets, b/c it is so cold out there! It is so cool how these street dogs really adapt quickly to the good life :) LOVE the arrow pointing to all the drool--too funny!