6.13.2009

Another Unexpected Rescue...

Some days, even though we are not planning to do a rescue, a rescue just falls in our lap. Even though we don't have the money, and we don't have the foster homes, rescue we must. PJ had a little run in with a local today who is not very happy about having dogs running around the neighborhood. He is upset, and I think rightfully so. I don't want stray dogs running around my neighborhood either. Unfortunately, he has threatened to eliminate the dogs on his own; not necessarily the solution we are looking for. In the middle of having the altercation with the man, PJ heard some pups in the background who were also in danger of being killed by this man. We have footage of all of this as well, but most likely it will be saved for the movie. I will post it if I am given permission. Here are the three puppies who were rescued today. We need a foster home for the two blonde ladies. The little black guy is already spoken for. They seem to be very friendly and already adjusting quite nicely to their new human integrated world. What would you do if there were hundreds of stray dogs running around your neighborhood? How would you handle it? Click on the comments below. We would love to hear your thoughts on this topic.




1 comment:

Mary said...

What adorable little puppies...I am glad they were rescued from an unknown fate and know they'll be adopted quickly.

Frankly, I'm very upset with that man and hope I'm never standing in front of him. Of course stray dogs are a huge problem but some people don't realize it is not the fault of the dogs and taking it out on the dogs is wrong, inhumane, and a completely horrible thing to do.

I personally feel it reflects poorly on society that someone would even consider murdering (and that's what it is) innocent animals to be the "solution" to the problem. Education, decency, compassion, spay/neuter, adoption, etc. these are solutions but can't be forced on anyone and unfortunately there will also be people like that who want to take their frustration out on poor animals instead of helping in constructive ways. It makes me very angry and it makes me feel completely helpless.

Those dogs don't ask for those lives on the streets and I hate that they don't know anything better. I can only hope idiots like that man who think taking a life is a solution doesn't have any kids themselves as I'm sure their kids have lives of abuse too. How anyone can not be touched by seeing these poor dogs is beyond me. The truth is so many of those dogs have so much more to offer to this world than the deadbeats and crackheads who are contributing to the problem in East St. Louis and elsewhere. My two cents.