6.10.2009

Maurice's Last Chance



I know that I sound like a broken record, but I have a sixth sense about these things. It seems as though every time I have such a strong desire to rescue a dog from the streets and am unable to take them into my home right away, they end up disappearing. Maurice is so thin now that I just don't think he is going to make it much longer. Those two bones he got from PJ are probably the only thing he will have to eat that day. The other dogs will not let him eat and he is such a sweet, submissive boy that he does not push it. After seeing so many dogs on the streets, you know the good ones. You know when a dog is going to just be fabulous and Maurice is one of those dogs. My stomach hurts to think about him getting rained on and starving tonight. We have a couple of fosters who have said they can take him once they adopt out their current foster, but I am afraid Maurice is not going to make it that long. Please help us and pass this along. We want to find a foster home for Maurice now!

4 comments:

Mary said...

I posted this on my Facebook page, hopefully others will pass the word too. I am sincerely hoping that you find a foster home for this sweetie. He deserves to have a nice life off the streets. Please keep us updated on if you find someone to take him today. I kept thinking about this last night. I just have to believe someone will step up for this guy.

Mary said...

Any idea of what he's mixed with? Or approximate age? Are they vet-checked and vaccinated before being placed in foster homes? If all else fails, I may be willing to be an emergency foster until a long-term foster can be found (if one of those foster homes can adopt out their current pet to make room for him)...but would have to clear it with the family and I'd need to know he's okay health-wise just because I have other dogs in the home and don't want them at risk for anything. And I could probably only do it for a week or two...Unfortunately with me working he'd likely have to be crated during the day which isn't ideal for him and I don't have a crate that would fit him. But I also can't bear to know something may happen to him on the streets and I didn't offer to do something about it. Let me know if you haven't had any offers and I'll check with the family.

Gateway Pet Guardians said...

Mary! You are so sweet. You are off the hook though. We just secured a foster for him and he has a vet appointment as soon as we pull him off of the streets tomorrow. Thank you so much for your offer. So long as we can find him tomorrow, this one is saved! I will post an update as soon as I know more. I am so happy and I really appreciate how much you care.

Mary said...

I didn't consider myself on the hook but I just needed to do something. I am SO happy and relieved to hear there is a foster lined up. If it doesn't work out though, let me know...and I can't wait to see an update of a hopefully pulled Maurice!