6.22.2009

Some Good News and The Next One on My List

Well, it is bitter sweet news. First of all Mabeline was adopted on Saturday. Holy cow! I could not believe it. Not that I did not think she would ever be adopted, I just really did not think it would be that quickly. Christa, Mabeline's new mom emailed on Friday. She just fell in love with her picture. I told her about all of Mabeline's little idiosyncracies, and after I was done with my dissertation, Christa said, "she sounds perfect!" When she came over to meet her that night, Mabeline hid upstairs the entire time. Christa just sat patiently and said that she would work with her and have her as her best friend in no time. I knew there was someone out there for Mabeline. There is always someone for every dog. They are doing quite well already. She has had her out walking all weekend and she runs to the door when she gets the leash out. Already progress leaps and bounds beyond what we were able to accomplish here. I am so happy for Mabeline! The pictures above and below were taken by my husband. Mabeline did not sit still, ever, unless she was in her kennel. So, Steve decided to move the camera to try to get a focused shot of her. There are several blurry messes of pictures of her before he captured this one. Just so you understand, Hooper is laying still in this picture and Mabeline is dashing across the floor nervously, saying, "stop looking at me people."

Next, the bitter sweet. Hooper, our foster for many months is going to his forever home today. I have not talked about him much because he was adopted very shortly after I took him from PJ. The nice lady who is adopting him was moving and unable to take him right away, so I said I would hold onto him for her. He is one of the best dogs I have ever had in my house. He is what I would say is close to a perfect dog. I have already cried once and I have not even left the house to take him to his new home. It is a great home though and he is going to get so much one-on-one attention there. He is going to be so happy. I just have a lump in my throat talking about it. But, I am sure it will go away.


And now for Maggie. I love Maggie. She is a sweet, sweet lady that deserves a forever home where she can have shelter from the cold and the horrible heat. Where she does not have to wedge herself under a car during thunderstorms, resulting in her beautiful white fur being caked in mud for days. She has such a great temperament. She comes to the car and insists on being petted before she takes her biscuits. Sometimes she won't take the biscuits because she knows it means the pets will stop and we will leave her until the next day. When she knows it is time for us to go, she will hesitantly take PJ's offerings and wait faithfully for us until the next morning. Until tomorrow Maggie.

No comments: