6.02.2009

Help Save Maurice!

You may remember Maurice from this post. My heart is heavy seeing him so sad. He was much skinnier this time and seemed depressed. I think he used to have hopes that he would get to come home with us, but seems to have lost hope. He is such a sweetie and gets picked on by the other dogs. I wish so badly that we had a foster for this one. I would pull him in a heartbeat. As soon as we have the money to pay for another dog, as well as a foster home for him, we can pull him. If you would like to foster Maurice, please contact us. If you are able to contribute financially to his rescue, please donate below.





4 comments:

Mary said...

Aww...I hope you get the offers to help this sweet boy...It's heartbreaking looking at his face...just makes me want to hug him.

Mary said...

I've been wondering about this boy...Was he ever able to be pulled?

Gateway Pet Guardians said...

Hi Mary,

He is still on the streets. We would love to get him off. We never know when they are going to get into a fit, get hit by a car and we will never see them again. As soon as we have a foster willing to take him, we will pull him. Thank you so much for asking. Take Care, Amie

Mary said...

:( I REALLY wish I could foster him...between my own dogs (one of which is getting over some bronchitis) and working full-time, I just don't have the time necessary to dedicate to fostering an animal...at best all I'd be able to do is help on weekends when I have more time...just really wish a foster home can be found for this guy since he seems so close to being rescued...maybe you already do this but have you attempted to use venues like craigslist to try to get people to submit foster home applications or yahoo groups if any are applicable...my heart just goes out everytime I see pictures of these dogs on the streets and it's hard to grasp the cruelty of people who put them in these positions. I am greatly appreciative of organizations like yours that try to help what seems like a neverending problem of human idiocy.