12.11.2008

Wha choo lookin' at?

This is Sage. Sage says, "Why you be frontin'?" No really she says, "I want to lick that camera." No, she was saying, "Ooh! Ooh! Your on the floor, let me get down from this chair so that I can play with you!"

Sage is our foster. She is a quirky, hilarious, soulful little girl. She is a little thing at about 35 lbs. and looks like some sort of pointer/bird dog mix. She flattens herself out when she wants to play with the other dogs in the house; head flat, back flat, tail flat, hind leg lifted. She points with her hind leg, which I have never seen before. Sage was rescued with several of her litter mates. They were all scared frozen when they were rescued. When you picked them up they would cling to your arm like little koala bears. We think they were attacked by something. One of the litter mates was missing a leg. But, we got her all patched up and she is now in a super fabulous home. Sage is the remaining pup from that litter. We love having her around, but I am sure that she would love to have her final forever home, sooner than later.

I have to say that I am pretty impressed with the response that we have gotten so far from the facility fundraiser. I don't think I mentioned it here in the blog, but two days ago, I sent out a plea for donations toward a facility for our rescue. We found a place that we think would be just wonderful for rescuing more dogs. It is a 5000 sq. ft. warehouse, with a fenced in gravel lot. We just need to raise $40,000 for the down payment. I know that number looks daunting, but if just 200 people get 4 of their friends to donate $50, then we will be well on our way. We are off to a good start, considering it has only been two days, but we need some serious donations to make this happen. It's all about dogs like Bomber and Sage & her litter mates above. Sage's poor sister would not have made it if we were not able to rescue her. And who knows where Sage would be. Even if you can't swing $50, small amounts help too. I know times are hard right now, but it is the end of the year, and your donation will be tax deductible. We appreciate anything you can give.

No comments: